Thursday, December 15, 2005

Straight Up

ahh.. Paula Abdul. Is there anything she can't do?

I had the idea that The New Mexican Revolution could do this song while we were on tour last time.. I even found the music on the internet in Albuquerque and tried to figure it out, but we were mashing it all around and playing it in 9/8 and silly things, and we decided it wouldn't work. I still like the idea, but I don't think it would fit Wes particularly well..

On the other hand, it fits Emily perfectly.. we put some guitars down, a banjo, a bunch of Emily singing harmony (wow!) and i think that was that.. there's a twiddly guitar at the end, for the morose outro, but it was pretty simple. the only hitch was going back and forth from 6/8 to 4/4 - from verses to choruses. I was too lazy to program a click track to do it, so i just listened ot the beeps and powered through. anyhow Straight Up turned out kinda nice. it's less celebratory than the previous dance version.

man, yesterday was tough. i messed up at work, wiring this guy's kitchen - then proceeded to insist that it was right, and i would've noticed anything odd. of course, i had messed up, and it took us hours to getting around to checking my work. i was chagrin, to say the least. where is my head?

tomorrow is friday. tomorrow is friday. maybe i can write three or four songs this weekend. that'd be nice.

No comments: